The site offers direct lake access and a total land of up to 37,000 sqm is available. Rwanda is positioning itself as a prime destination in Eastern Africa attracting a new upscale clientele to the region.
Lake Kivu has been demarcated as a priority area for tourism development with a number of new tourism products under development:
• Congo Nile Trail, 227 Km adventure & community trail
• Gishwati Mukura National Park
• Water Sport activities as well as hiking and biking trails have been developed
• Community based tourism, visits of coffee and tea plantations are also on offer
• As well as numerous restaurants, tented camps and other accommodation offers.
This new development will close a gap as until today Karongi is missing an upscale hotel which would be the ideal
stop over for any tourist travelling along Lake Kivu as well as a sought after destination for visitors from Kigali.